Today, Friday, September 13 is considered as one of the most unlucky days on earth. The day is so superstitious that many believers around the world would not take on their daily chores like flying and even traveling by on-road or air.
Surprisingly, these beliefs are widely worshipped by the western countries, a very ironical idea keeping in mind that they have always accused Africans to be so superstitious.
Horror movies have been named after this day and research also tells us that there is an increase of accidents on Friday the 13th. But, where did all of this come from? Before patriarchal times, Friday the 13th was considered the day of the Goddess.
It was considered a day to worship the Divine Feminine that lives in us all and to honor the cycles of creation and death and rebirth. The day was also considered a very powerful time to manifest, honor creativity and to celebrate beauty, wisdom and nourishment of the soul.
Guys, what are some of the stories you heard or still hear about Friday the 13th
Share with us pic.twitter.com/oYclNu7sRn
— K24 TV (@K24Tv) September 13, 2019
Here are a few myths people have about the day:
- Cross paths with a black cat and bad luck will follow you definitely! Who hasn’t heard of this common superstition? It must be sad for cat lovers.
- If you jump over a child, they will be midgets their whole life.
- When your left palm twitches, you will get money.
- If your dream gets to finish, you’ll never wake up again.
- If you play with your belly button, your mom will feel pain.
- Cutting the tail of a lizard will result in your hands shaking.
- Wearing your clothes inside out unknowingly will bring you good luck.
- If you cook ugali and it splits on serving, you will get visitors soon.
- Sucking on your lower lip implied that you were calling a snake. Nice way to get kids to stop this very annoying habit!
- If an owl hoots in your neighborhood, somebody will die.